Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Blake

I like Blake's poems...abit lor soh lah very hard to critique for Lit paper 8 last time.

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Tis from the Auguries of Innocence...very lor soh poem.... The verse above is the famous oft over-used one. I prefer these 2 verses .....

It is right it should be so;
Man was made for joy and woe;
And when this we rightly know,
Thro' the world we safely go.

Joy and woe are woven fine,
A clothing for the soul divine.
Under every grief and pine
Runs a joy with silken twine.

I believe there's always 2 sides to a story, 2 faces of a coin. Just that sometimes we fail (or rather, refuse) to see it. Negativity is easier to accept. It's seems so natural and part and parcel of our modern world. Positivity seems to be easily dampened, easily destroyed, easily dismissed.

For a long time I was unhappy. Really unhappy and sad. But I never lost hope. It is the only thing that is keeping me alive amidst of the dreary world. It is the only force I have for I have nothing else. It's the only thing that I can hold onto.

Acceptance was a difficult task for me a few years back. Now mabbe due to age, I'm starting to accept things. Starting to enjoy the moment as it is.

Nowadays I bo liao bo liao weave stories about strangers I meet (yes jia just like you). It's fun. Now I love looking at the sky and watching out for birds in trees. Y-day, I was doing stretches with my PE class. We looked up to the sky and a flock of birds flew by. The kids went silent (a tall task leh) and then went wah.... me too. I think we all need to retain a bit of child in us. We take too many things and people for granted until we lost sight of those dear to us, until we get frustrated, not knowing where or what to look. Take pleasure n simple things. At least I'm not dead.

I'm talking rubbish here.

Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night.

Strive to be happy. That's what I 've been doing since...... I'm borne to a series of endless nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home