Thursday, June 30, 2005

Teachers are slack....

Let me correct the above-mentioned misconception.

Teachers are definately not slack. It's just that we have seasons of slacking a.k.a. June and December Holidays. Even then, it's not totally confirm slack one....

Check out my schedule for the next few days:
Thursday 30 June
9am - 12pm
Cockpit training (After that 1240 - 1830 teaching)

Friday 1 July
9am P2 teachers meeting
1.30pm Induction programme for beginning teachers
(Then teach til 1830)

Saturday 2 July
MOE EXCEL festival
0730 to 1700

Tuesday 5 July
English Language Enable class 11 - 12pm

Wednesday 6 July
Maths workshop 830 - 12pm (The teach til 1830)

Thursday 7 July
Open Day ceremony stuff 9 to 1030
Maths remedial lesson 1030 to 1200

Plus all the marking, administrative duties, Committee duties, setting of exam papaer, typing student records, Powerpoint lesson slides to prepare, worksheets to print, CCAs, recess duties, TAF club duties, traffic warden duties, library duties, blah blah blah

Then there're the kids....who decide to scrap his/her knee, bully a classmate, complain of a tummy/head/tongue (really!)/eye/etc ache, lose their worksheets/files/workbook/their entire schoolbag (really!) or run around the classroom and cause utter mayhem.

Teaching is not an easy job. But I'm glad I'm in it :)

Just live by the mantra - Whatever you do, make sure you love it. There is no halfway house for indecisive losers who do not know what they want. Alot of my friends just go along with a job just for the sake of having a job. Sometimes I put myself in their shoes and wonder would I do the same thing? Maybe not. Not that I possess noble aspirations but I do have a more comfortable life than most. My family do not need me to put food on the table so to speak. But it would take the life of me to do something that I do not have the flair/talent/interest/enthusiasm for. I'm really glad I found the job I like without going in circles.

Please excuse the glaring grammar and spelling mistakes committed in this post. Am too tired to do anything about it liaoz zzzzzzz...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ma.. my tongue pain and i lost me school bag...

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home