Monday, August 29, 2005

Perfection

Women seeking perfection is a one way ticket to destruction. Watched on episode of "America's next top model" and really felt .... sad. There's this contestent, with a great bod, long legs and great face constantly whining on national tv on how fat she is and she feels ugly etc etc etc. I think 1/2 the viewers wanna zap her off with their remote controls and the other just wanna find out where she lives and kill her.

But hey! Sisters! Ain't all of us guilty of such antics?

I am. All the time in fact. In JC I was worried about my weight. Every gal around me was feather light (that is below 55kg). I tipped the scale at 65kg before the A levels. Panic button. Bad time of my life I tell you. Now I've been 60kg for the past 4-5 years. And bloody hell the gers are getting thinner. Damn :P

I'm constantly fretting about the booming population of my freckles, my expanding thighs and my wide feet that hurts when I wear heels and sharp-toed oh to die for shoes. Women always wants to look their best. Look at the beauty industry. From make-up to clothes to bags to shoes to jewellery to surgery to facials to spas to pedi/manicures to eyebrow plucking/reshaping/tatooing to rebonding, digital perm, bikini wax, hair removal, teeth whitening, dieting pills, cosmetic pills, creams, facial washes, toner, eye gel, *whew* and the list continues. Women drive the economy I tell you.

I've been through pretty rough times before starting to accept myself. The 'How I wished..." syndrome died down but I still get pangs of it from time to time. Perhaps I'm starting to learn how to love myself. I hope. But there are things I wanna change about myself.....
  1. I wanna be smarter... especially in Mathematics....trying trying
  2. I wanna have smaller thighs so I can fit into my jeans and not burst out of them...running running
  3. I wanna have long hair....but head too big liao...grow cut grow
  4. I wanna get ear holes but scared of pain.
  5. I wanna have a go-getter spirit.pia pia pia
  6. I wanna have better health - been falling ill lately. vit c vit c vit c
Let's learn how to love ourselves. Truely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Corrine said...

Well said..

now now now... i wanna have...

Seh 100% (ie charisma, or some ppl call character)
Smarter brains
Better eloquence
A more hardworking spirit
50% less fats than now, in ALL areas

heheh now..

Where's my fairy godmother?

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home