Saturday, March 26, 2005

Poke Poke

I never knew how much patience I have until I joined teaching. I realised I have an inexhaustible amount of patience for kids but a short fuse for adults. Adults should know better than to wallow in self pity and mumble jumble about the world around them. Actually I'm rather guilty of wallowing in self pity. Am trying to snap out of it.

The kids are ever so optimistic in spite of their backgrounds. They smile and laugh at the slightest thing. Some of us should really feel ashamed when we complain. There's this girl whose parents are drug addicts. Despite all this, she works hard and never a day passes without her smiling and thanking you. Most of them are latchkey kids. They either return to an empty home or to the maid. And imagine your mother telling your teacher that she wished she had never had you. Have anyone of you failed all 3 subjects every year since you are Primary 1? There's more but my heart aches when I type.

Hence there is no more space in my heart to pity wallowing adults who seem to think the world revolves around them and that the world owes them something.

Talking about patience. For those of you who know me, I'm an aggressive foul-mouthed bitch. Retribution befell upon me when this ADHD girl kept poking my head during an excursion. I didn't feel angry because I knew it was her condition that was making her do that. I would have murdered someone if it was Loserboi or any other person who pokes my head.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

teachers are always overworked...my girlfriend marks exams papers and worksheets while playing online games...at least not so monotonous...

talking about stickers..there are shops around Bugis area...cheap and good for kids..

12:06 PM  
Blogger idler said...

Yah concourse has real cheap stickers too =)

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

think kids of our time easily satisfied with stickers....now..hard liao..

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home