Friday, December 09, 2005

Literal

I like jogging in Bishan Park. It was exceptionally quiet there today. I needed the serenity and tranquility, for me to pretend that I'm far far away from my troubles. When I run my brain is empty as I take in the sights and sounds of the park. Today was a beautiful day. The clouds were fluffy white and floating in the mild breeze. And something made the tress really beautiful today. Why do we get bored of our surroundings when it is so beautiful. If only we stop and look sometimes.

I saw 2 monks in saffron robes sitting under a tree watching some boys playing soccer. Wished I had that camera to take that really nice moment. The dogs at the trainig centre were really cute. Stopped to play with a few of them. But stayed away from the big Doberman. The kids at the skatepark were damn cute too. Wobbling, swaying, giggling, yelling, screaming. Something about them just made me felt better.

I just kept on running running running until I was so tired and my troubled left knee gave way. I have been running for the past hour. Went 4 rounds in Park one....should venture out to Park 2 next time. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not. I felt light headed and for once saw the sun set over Bishan. Most of the time I'm either cooped up at home or in J8.

Then I came home. Have you met a couple who have been at each others' throats for the past 2 decades? I have. In fact, I live with them. Sometimes I wished that I had one parent instead of 2. Makes life more bearable. Sometimes it amazes me how my mum can whip up dinner even when she's in a bad mood. It's like her total worth depended on the quality of food she produced in the kitchen. But I know it is more than that. She wants to sustain and hang on tight to the teeny weeniest sense of normalacy in the house. No matter what there will always be dinner. There will always be supper for my brother. Milo and biscuits. Perhaps my brother is here for a reason. To coerce a sense of normalacy.

Oh and by the way the trip to the dentist was a huge success. No cock ups, no fuss no nothing. Wham bam over in 15 minutes. I think we have the best dentist in the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger natsfer said...

I'm starting to look at the trees and things around me too. Beautiful. Sometimes you don't even realise that the thing is there in existent for years. You will only realise them when you start to see. =)

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home