Monday, April 04, 2005

Land of David Beckham

Can't believe how busy I was this morning. When most of you were snugly tucked in your bed, I was getting ready for a battle. Had 3 visitors to observe my class this morning. My Practicum sup (the nice ang moh lady) and 2 MOE officers from the GEP department. Was quite nerve wreaking to suddenly have 3 adults at the back of your classroom watching your every move. Doesn't help that the children kept wanting to ask my nice ang moh sup whether she is from the 'land of David Beckham'. Cute but idiotic.

The lesson went quite smoothly but I think the adults were bored flat. Come on, how interesting can an English language lesson on connectors be for adults. (For those not in the know, connectors are words like 'and' - connectors of sentences; 'finally' - connectors of time; 'because' connectors of reason.)

However, they seem to wake up when I threw the kids into group work. Wake up not cos it was interesting but cos it was bloody noisy. Hahaha my kids will die if they dun talk. They think everyone within 5cm radius is deaf or hard of hearing. Funny thing is, they whispered when I asked them to answer my questions later on. Cute but idiotic.

Guess I do not have much chance to teach in the GEP. Will be stuck teaching timetables for the rest of my teaching life..or whatever's left of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home