Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Why???

Why do things happen without a reason? First it was the tsunami and now the earthquake? Why does tragedy strikes? Why do things happen with no apparent reason? Fellow Christians will tell me that is it all God's will but what exactly is God's will? Is it just a phrase we use for convenience? Does it truely explain why shit happens from time to time? How come no one uses God's will when something good happens? Why are some born so unfortunate? Why do people have to suffer poverty, illness, pain, anxiety, stress, depression, etc. Why can we be happy? Just like that. We have to strive, suffer and fight.

But amid the insanity and unreasonableness of the world, I believe in the human spirit. If we allow it to surface and take charge instead of hiding it under our cloaks of self-defence mechanisms.

Oh one piece of news. MOE called me last evening and told me that I'm short-listed for the Gifted program. No I'm not 12 years too late. Am to teach the program. And they gave me exactly 24 hours to accept or reject the missio.. task. But problem is I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge. You, I have been teaching 11 year olds who do not know their left from their right and what is 6 x 7. Now I might have to teach kids who (according to Loserboi) are a zillion times smarter than me. I admit that's true. Well one step at a time we just have to deal with what life throws at us I guess.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the human spirit? A concept obscured in ideality? or is it really a realization of our own, the world's imperfection

Perhaps in rejecting adversity, despair, we reject ourselves, for the human spirit, hope and all that may be nothing more than the ugly struggle we put up; to fight, to strive & to cry.

I think the writer has the strenght to overcome whatever facing him/her right now. =)

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home